This course is aimed at board directors and non-risk specialists. Risk is a business enabler, yet the default in many boardrooms is to view it as a control function to mitigate business interruption. It is sometimes forgotten that risk can also be opportunity: investment managers and entrepreneurs willingly engage with it for gain, so not everybody is risk averse. Why do so many boards treat risk as a threat to be managed? Learn how to see the positive side of risk: the future cannot be managed, but successful business depends on taking risk
How will this course assist you?
- Higher confidence in addressing your fellow board members.
- Improve your own risk literacy in boardroom discussions.
- Challenge your risk experts and their risk-aversion mindset.
- Robust decisions come from informed debate.
- Collective responsibility for risk is a legal requirement.
- Recognise risk aligned with strategy, not governance or compliance.
- Improve investor confidence with a positive risk story.
- Foresight and future strategy demands risk appreciation.
- Presentations and discussion of best & worst practice
- Case study examples of effective and ineffective risk awareness
- Workshop style format to ensure best value
Who should attend
- Board Directors – exec & NED
- Strategy/Policy Directors
- Foresight & Business Development Directors
- Finance Directors
- Risk & Audit Committee members
- Half-day workshop
- Masterclass (2 hours)